- Children and youth are expected to attend Faith Formation classes continually from First through Eighth Grade. Though not required, Kindergarten classes are an excellent way for young children to begin learning about God and His love for us.Preparation for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation is a two-year program. If your child attended Faith Formation last year and they are scheduled to receive any Sacrament in Spring/Summer 2018, you will need to fill out the Sacrament Registration Form attached to the Faith Formation Registration Form. All Faith Formation families need to be registered members of St. Aloysius Church PRIOR TO the time of registration. As in previous years, registration will be on a first-come, first served basis and are due no later than August 1st. Payment should accompany your registration form. Because of the additional cost of shipping books and supplies after August 1st, a late fee of $25 will be assessed for any registrations received after the August 1st deadline. Note: No child will be refused for financial reasons. If you are unable to pay at this time, please call the Faith Formation Office. Do not wait until August 1st.
Due to continuing space issues, new Faith Formation families must reside within Hickory, Bethlehem or Granite Falls and be registered parishioners of St. Aloysius Church. If you are not currently a parishioner of St. Aloysius and do not live in Hickory, Bethlehem or Granite Falls, you must register at your home parish.
It’s not too early to volunteer to help in Faith Formation!
We encourage all parishioners – not just parents – to volunteer! With almost 700 students enrolled in Faith Formation, Catechists, aides, subs, and hall/parking lot monitors are always needed. You don’t need to have a child in Faith Formation to help. No experience is necessary, but all volunteers need to attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop and consent to a background check. To volunteer, or for more information, please call Monica Ebelhack in the Faith Formation Office at 327-2341.
TO ALL PARENTS: For the safety of all, students will be dismissed to the upper parking lot on Highway 127 only.
Important Information for Faith Formation Parents: Regular attendance at Faith Formation classes is an important factor in deepening a young person’s understanding of God through the study of Scripture, prayer, and Church teaching. Excused absences are limited to illness and emergencies. Students are allowed only five absences per year. Partial attendance at any class of any time less than 55 minutes for Kindergarten-6th Grade and 1 hour and 10 minutes for Grades 7 & 8 will be considered non-attendance and your child will be marked absent. Early pick-up of a student is strongly discouraged. If your child must leave class early, a parent or pre-designated adult must sign them out in their classroom before a child may be dismissed early. No one under the age of 21 can sign a student out early. No child will be dismissed early directly to a car.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY Wednesday classes: If Hickory City Schools cancel school or after school activities because of inclement weather, we will not have Faith Formation.
Sunday and Wednesday classes: Class cancellations will be broadcast on WBTV-3, WSOC-9, and WCNC-36.
Because conditions can vary greatly, please use your best judgment and stay home if you feel it is not safe to drive. But, please notify the Office of Faith Formation to say your child will be absent.
- Catechesis of the Good ShepherdSt. Aloysius will again be offering “Catechesis of the Good Shepherd” for our young parishioners from ages 3 to 6. These sessions will meet on Tuesday afternoons next year from 1:00 to 2:30 and will follow the Faith Formation schedule. Space is limited to 15 children and registration will be done on a first come, first served basis. If you would like to register your child, please use the Faith Formation registration form and write in “Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.”
- Faith Formation Inclement Weather Policy Wednesday classes: If Hickory City Schools cancel school or after school activities because of inclement weather, we will not have Faith Formation.Sunday & Wednesday classes: Class cancellations will be broadcast on WBTV-3, WSOC-9, and WCNC-36.Because conditions can vary greatly, please use your best judgment and stay home if you feel it is not safe to drive. But, please notify the Office of Faith Formation to say your child will be absent.
- Questions about Children’s Faith Formation registration?
“Like” St. Aloysius Faith Formation on Facebook to receive real-time information as soon as it becomes available!